Monday, November 12, 2007


THE BUMBLEBEE
I sulked into the sunroom,
Dropped clumsily into an easy chair,
Not to rest my body,
But for peace of mind.
I slouched, brooding, looking for oblivion.
A bumblebee flew in the open French doors,
My eyes mimicked its aerial acrobatics annoyingly,
Like they didn’t belong to me.
My mind reluctantly rejoined my eyes as the bumblebee noisily hit the window and dropped, mid flight.
Without hesitation he was up again stridently demanding the light.
He turned away,
With reserve no doubt,
And flew full circle and came again- hard out.
And again the invisible wall hit him -with a clout.
As I watched with interest he picked himself up,
To make another assault,
I asked him the question,
Was it the glory of the garden bathed in luminous radiance,
Or the light itself for which he struggled so ardently?
I watched the struggle continue till finally it was free.
And then with a rush I understood at last
The Bumblebee was me!

No comments: